1. The Mike Plotner & Jackie Royer
Memorial Youth Tournament is open to all USBC Youth
2. This tournament will be sanctioned under the USBC
Tournament Guidelines and will abide by those rules,
unless otherwise stated.
3. A bowler who is not a member of USBC and who is not
under suspension or denied membership, may become
eligible to compete in the Plotner / Royer Memorial
Youth Tournament by paying a participation fee of
4. Fees: Each entry shall pay the following fees:
Bowling $9.30, Expenses
$.70 and Scholarship Fee $5.00, total due per person
will be $15.00. ALL SCHOLARSHIP FEES WILL BE RETURNED
100% IN THE FORM OF SCHOLARSHIPS in accordance with the
rules for the USBC SMART Program. For details on
the program, please go to
5. Each Division that has participating members will
receive a $15 donation from the Mike Plotner & Jackie
Royer Memorial Fund. This memorial fund was originally
made possible from money that was a bequest to the
USBC Youth Association individually from Mike Plotner &
6. There will be four divisions: Girls 11 & Under, Girls
12 & Older, Boys 11 &
Under, and Boys 12 & Older. Age divisions shall be
determined by the age of
the youth as of August 1, 2012.
7. Average: Use your highest sanctioned league average
for the 2013-2014
season, as of March 15, 2014, based on 21 games or more.
If you have no
current season’s average, use your prior season’s final
average of 21 games
or more. If no average, you will bowl scratch. Handicap will be 90% of the difference between
your average and
8. Failure to use proper average prior to start of
tournament shall disqualify scores as stated in USBC
rule 319A 1-5.
9. Report prior prize winnings as stated in rule 319D.
10. Each participant may bowl as often as they like, but
may only receive one award in their division. Payout
Ratio:1 out of every 7 entries.
11. All participants must abide by USBC rule 400.
12. All awards will be presented after the completion of
the final round of the tournament.